how to draw manga illustrating battle

Paperback: 128 pages
Publisher: Graphic-Sha; English Ed edition (August 2000)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 4766111478
ISBN-13: 978-4766111477  

I started taking martial arts a couple of years ago just to help my cartoon characters learn to fight in a realistic way... this book can save you a couple steps (and dollars!)
Beautiful pictures, very helpful, but I would not recommend this as a "how to draw" book for beginners... it's not good with 'step by step' stuff. If you can already draw, and want to figure out how to lay out 'speed lines' and dynamic action scenes, then this is a very good book for you!
This book has shown me many moves I already know, but it puts it in an artists perspective, something my martial arts teacher lacks... It also has many other things I didn't know, it covers many styles of fighting.
Being a Japanese release, it also has a big "Girls in Sailor School Uniforms Fighting" chapter, very helpful if you are drawing girls fighting in Sailor School uniforms.(?!) You have to love Manga to have an appreciation for that... heehee.
In short, you don't have to sign up for Martial Arts lessons to learn how to draw realistic fighting scenes... this book WILL help. (I will continue to take my classes though!)
The other books in this series are wonderful, as well, I can't wait for them to release more!

No comments:

Post a Comment